Saluki Women's Weekend
September 9 & 10, 2022
To commemorate the 50th Anniversary of Title IX and to celebrate the accomplishments of Saluki Women in Athletics and Education, the Southern Illinois University Foundation Women’s Leadership Council presents its Inaugural Saluki’s Women’s Weekend in partnership with SIU’s Women Athletics.
The Women's Leadership Council is a network of alumnae, parents and friends who are committed to creating a culture of women-driven philanthropy at SIU and mentoring future generations of Salukis.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Dunn-Richmond Economic Development Center
1740 Innovation Dr, Carbondale, IL 62903
Friday, September 9, 2022
- 10 a.m. - Check-in
- 12 p.m. - Women in Philanthropy Luncheon
- 1:30 p.m. - Women Empowerment Mini-Conference
- 4:00 p.m. - Keynote Address, Dr. Linda Baker, SIU Professor of the Paul Simon Public Policy. Dr. Baker is the former secretary for the State of Illinois Department of Human Services and is the first African American legislative liaison for an Illinois governor.
- 6 p.m. - Saluki Women’s Reception
Saturday, September 10, 2022
- 8:30 a.m. - Yoga on the Lawn
- 10:30 a.m. - Mentorship Brunch
- 11 a.m. - Women’s Athletic Luncheon (Registration Closed)
- 1:30 p.m. - Women in Leadership Board Meeting
- 3 p.m. - Fireside Chat with Mentors and Mentees
- 4 p.m. - Ultimate Women Saluki Tailgating Experience
Holiday Inn Carbondale – Room block rate of $109.00 code “SWW”
Please RSVP by August 26, 2022.
For more information and sponsorship requests, please contact Sherrica Hunt at email@example.com.
Women Empowerment Mini-Conference Speakers and Topics
- Session One: 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Session Two: 2:40 p.m. - 3:40 p.m.
Women in Philanthropy Luncheon presented by Moneta Group
Women's Reception presented by Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH)
Mentorship Breakfast presented by Dawn Korte, Marsha Ryan and Julie Staley
Mini Conference presented by SIU Credit Union
Fireside Chat presented by Dawn Korte and HireLevel
Panera in Carbondale (providing coffee)
If you are unable to attend, you can support the Women's Leadership Council by making a gift online. You can choose from the following initiatives:Saluki Women’s Weekend
Women’s Leadership Council Activities Fund
- Mentorship Program
- Campus Micro-Grant for Women Initiatives