Associate Vice Chancellor for Advancement
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Description of Position:
Southern Illinois University Carbondale seeks a dynamic leader to take on the role of Associate Vice Chancellor for Advancement. The successful candidate will join the SIU Foundation during the most exciting time in the institution’s history. Amid the historic $500 million Forever SIU Capital Campaign, the new Associate Vice Chancellor will help lead a first-in-class foundation with an eager, growing development team. Through this campaign, SIU Carbondale is reshaping the way it imagines its future. The university is focused on the value of fundraising and alumni and donor engagement. With strong leadership across campus, SIU Carbondale is looking toward a bright future, and the Associate Vice Chancellor for Advancement will play an integral role as it moves forward. Reporting to the CEO of the SIU Foundation, the Associate Vice Chancellor will help lead the Foundation as it breaks new ground and redefines success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the chief deputy of the SIU Foundation.
- Provides strategic fundraising oversight and management to develop, evaluate, track and revise short term and long-term strategies for SIU's most significant donors and prospective donors.
- Provides planning and management for Deans and other campus leadership for their personal involvement with these donors and prospective donors.
- Works with major gift donors and prospective donors to arrange their personal involvement with Deans and other campus leadership and prepare and present briefings for campus administrators for these meetings or events.
- Participates in formulating and implementing policies and strategies for the continuing enhancement of the University. In concert with the SIU Foundation Chief Executive Officer, the Associate Vice Chancellor has primary responsibility for overseeing University-wide fundraising efforts including direction, supervision and leadership of the SIU Foundation development staff.
- Coordinates the continuing development of fundraising plans and priorities in conjunction with the SIU Foundation CEO and other senior staff within the foundation.
- Supervises day-to-day development efforts and engages in proactive campaign planning and strategy.
- Coordinates hiring and training of development personnel.
- Evaluates existing fundraising programs and personnel in a systemic manner to ensure maximum performance and results in private giving.
- Develops, organizes and enhances volunteer leadership and participation in ongoing and new fundraising activities with the CEO.
- Coordinates development efforts with alumni services and constituent relations and special events.
- Assumes department-wide responsibility as necessary.
- Serves as staff liaison and assists with SIU Foundation Board's Development Committee.
- Enhances foundation board's participation in development.
- Represents the SIU Foundation CEO as needed and directed.
- Extensive travel is required.
- A bachelor's degree is required, and ten years of successful development experience at institutions of higher education or a similar institutional setting, including high-level involvement with a comprehensive campaign.
- A fundraising professional with ten years of demonstrated successful personal experience securing major gifts and leadership-level gifts from individuals and institutional funders.
- Five years of experience and proven track record of mentoring and engaging development staff to meet fundraising goals.
- Must possess strong data, analytical, and communication skills and experience with strategic planning processes.
Advanced degree preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess proven leadership and organizational skills; experience with capital campaigns; a strong record of success raising significant major gifts; and the personal energy, enthusiasm, and patience to develop a comprehensive development program that continually surpasses goals and overcomes obstacles
Application Deadline: Applications must be completed through jobs.siu.edu by June 13, 2022, or until filled.
Application Procedure: Visit jobs.siu.edu "Administrative/Professional Job Postings" to create an account and apply.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Contact: Darla Peterman at email@example.com or 618/453-7175
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.