Southern Illinois University Foundation
1235 Douglas Drive
Mail Code 6805
Carbondale, IL 62901
As the student population has become more diverse and the increased enrollment reflects this diversity at SIU Carbondale, the Student Multicultural Resource Center serves as a catalyst for inclusion, diversity and innovation. We look to foster an environment where all campus members are respected and welcomed. As the Center continues its work, we are here to ensure that you think, grow and succeed.
By supporting diversity of perspectives, interests, and identities, we reinforce our dedication to building a more caring community and strengthening our solidarity as Salukis. Our goal for the Forever SIU campaign is to raise $1.5 million with your help and support.
- EXPANDED RESOURCES. The Student Multicultural Resource Center is a necessary component of an inclusive, supportive campus environment. Expanding its services is pivotal to our commitment of nurturing a welcoming campus to all students.
- DIVERSITY RECEPTION. Hosting an annual Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Reception would highlight the university’s dedication to one of its key pillars of success. This event would draw focus to the university’s ongoing efforts and honor those who best represent this core principle.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Ensuring a strong, multicultural campus requires the university to aid students as they develop the professional skills that will allow them to reach their goals. This program will build on each student’s education and set them on a course toward continued success.
- BRIDGING THE GAP. Every initiative must focus on bringing higher education within the reach of every student. Rarely is this need more apparent than when discussing the accessibility of a college degree for underrepresented students. Through need-based scholarships and financial aid programs, SIU fortifies its standing as a bastion of accessibility.
- RECRUITMENT & ENGAGEMENT. Students come to college in search of an inclusive, engaging experience. By embracing our differences, we offer students a support network that guides them as they choose a college, course of study, and pathway to their bright future.